Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) MIcrosoft computer question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 12:10:43 -0700
On 8/31/2013 8:12 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Internet Explorer is awful!  Try Google Chrome.

All the browsers are awful.
All the Browsers are good.

It's just a matter of time, place and version.

One of my sons was complaining about his netbook having become unresponsive.
Didn't take long to discover that when
Chrome was started, it quickly filled up all available RAM. Any subsequent
activity required LOTS of disk swapping on a
slow drive. It was like the computer stopped.

Switch to FF, and it all works like new.

When I've tried Chrome on my desktop, it's seemed fine - except that I can't
find my bookmarks. Until I can put them in
a 'window' on the left, like FF, it's a non-starter.

It seems that the current version of FF has more memory leaks than in the
recent past.

Like Chuck, I can't bring myself to use IE for anything but the occasional site
that won't work on FF.

Safari for the PC? I don't remember, except that I used to use it when it was
the only one that understood color spaces.
Probably on here somewhere ...

Dolphin is nice on iOS, Boat is nice on Android ....

Endless Permutation Moose