[OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain

Subject: [OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:00:26 +0100
My wife and I are on holiday in the north of Scotland, just southeast of Cape
Wrath, and the weather has been pretty atrocious: high winds, driving rain and
low cloud.  We have rented a very decent cottage with a fantastic view to the
south along the Kyle of Durness, but the view has been visible less often than
not, malheureusement.

However, yesterday the rain held off, the cloudbase rose somewhat and the wind
was bearable, albeit gusting over 30kts at times, so we walked to the other
side of the Kyle of Durness, heading southeast along a track for a couple of
miles.  During the walk I saw this view and remarked on the colours of heather,
grasses, boulders a mountain.  The loch is Loch Meadaidh (still trying to find
out how to pronounce that name) and the mountain is Beinn Ceannabeinne
("Kinbeyne", I think); Ceannabeinne apparently means "head, or end, of
mountains" and there is a old settlement nearby of that name:

http://images.threeshoes.biz/Photography/PPD/2013-cb-project-365/i-HMXKKzW/A

The weather should remain fine today, so we are off to Kinlochbervie, perhaps
to walk to Sandwood Bay, on the west coast.  The wind should remain at bearable
for a while as well.

Chris