Re: [OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain

Subject: Re: [OM] Scottish moorland, loch and mountain
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:29:27 +0100
Thanks, Piers, and for the guide to pronunciation (which I had been searching
for).

We have just walked to Sandwood Bay and a glorious experience it was too, with
the mountains to the east and north and the highland lochs around many a
corner.  But then it started to drizzle, gently.  We got to the deserted
settlement above Sandwood Bay before I judged it appropriate to turn back and
we spent an hour walking into a 20kt wind with driving rain (at times)!  But it
was worth the experience, certainly.

We're drying off now . . .

No, Cape Wrath in general, and Garvie Island in particular, are quiet,
unfortunately.  I've dropped a few 1,000lb bombs on Garvie, but nothing is
happening at the moment.

Chris