Re: [OM] Alternate Paradigm [was Harbingers of Spring]--macro FL and shu

Subject: Re: [OM] Alternate Paradigm [was Harbingers of Spring]--macro FL and shutter speed for hand held shots
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 23:05:11 -0400
Yes, focal length has no effect on the ability to hand hold except in so
far as it determines magnification.  Whatever the magnification is the
shake is increased accordingly.  But that doesn't count the human
factors such as the lens providing excellent balance making it easier
for you to hold it still.

I have an excellent book on image sharpness and I've been trying to wrap
my head around the impact of IS technology on what is achievable today.
  Getting the best from 4/3 requires resolutions not considered possible
in film days without a tripod and careful technique.

Chuck Norcutt