Re: [OM] Tempted to sell my Olympus OM3TI

Subject: Re: [OM] Tempted to sell my Olympus OM3TI
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:02:11 -0700
On 9/11/2013 6:37 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> The 3Ti also does cool stuff like being able to drag the shutter with
> TTL flash

Doesn't covering the control connection on the flash shoe doe this?

> as well as TTL fill flash though I don't remember just how.

You mean with the F280? I seem to recall those who tried that reported that the
flash output is too low for most outdoor
work?

> A shot filled bean bag seems to almost fully eliminate any stop down
> induced vibe as best I could tell in  a small experiment with the
> 4T--comparing bean bag to  MLU/aperture prefire.

Yup, true, but not as useful for me as you might think. So I'm putting gear
together for a 5 mile round trip or loop
photo hike. Would I carry a 4T(i) - or a 3Ti with a 5-10 lb. bag of sand or
shot?

> The cam got a near perfect home and is clearly expertly used.

Ah-yup!*

Down East Moose

* Getting ready for Maine.