Re: [OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:02:44 -0500
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM, <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/09/10/olympus-om-d-e-m1-review-1/
>

> User reports  coming in that the shutter is VERY quiet-- very much wish
> they actually reviewed shutter shock though.  Would be superb not to
> have to use anti-vib mode for some things especially with the even
> faster AF.  Impressive water sealing and DR improved as well as perhaps
> 1 stop better high ISO performance as well as better IS.  Seems to be a
> slightly improved sensor.  They correct CA-likely writes  correction
> parameters in metadata one assumes at least with Oly lenses on the
> E-M1.  That was low hanging fruit.  On cursory quick read,  I didn't
> see any mention of an electronic first curtain option like the GX-7 but
> perhaps it is less required. It seems the first shipment at B&H sold
> out very rapidly and now shipping again in Oct.  There was brief
> mention of a kit price  with the 12-40 (100 off) in the US but that is
> gone.
>
> Is this the one for small kit option ? Mike

I was thinking that it looked like it was going to be similar to a E-400
with better ergonomics (which is very appealing to me).  Grip thingie comes
with the package, right?  With 4/3 adapter thrown in in a package deal (I
think I've seen that), it might make one feel the stiff asking price is
reasonable, which is still like a bargain compared to what C&N get
(depending on what models you compare with).

Build quality looks incredible.  E-1-like.  I suspect subsequent iterations
will strip away some of that to lower costs.

We are interested in it for different reasons, I think, as I would think of
the EM-1 as my next E-system body.

Joel W.