[OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...

Subject: [OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:40:18 -0400 (EDT)
Soon to be rash prone AG writes:

>>However, there is one thing which would certainly bring be back in the
>>fold. A reduction optic that works. If I could use the OM glass in a
>>near full-frame manner. There is a LOT to like in this camera and the
>>new viewfinder finally is good enough to satisfy me.

>>It's like a disease. Just when you think you've got Olympus out of
>>your system, the rash comes back.

Speedbooster OM to MFT should be announced in a few days. Optics are
said to be even better than the
NEX version but still about ,71X due to aberration issues.

Manual is out and has same anti vib mode but no clue as to how much
shutter shock there is--probably not that much. No EFC
though-rats--really thought that would be very very nice to have.

Oly seems to have done a very nice job with the 12-40--even the bokeh
is nice--MUCH better than the Panny 12-35 IIRC. The flare looks minimal
compared to the Panny and some minimal Lo CA but no big deal. Perhaps
it is even better than the comparatively huge Canyon 24-70 II. Wow,
perhaps a triple or HR for Oly. It is expensive and a bit big but
still. The IBIS auto detects panning and a bit improved over the OM-D
and likely the same as EP-5 best I can tell with a quick read but the
panning detection is nice. s well as a new feature.

Impressed, Mike

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-M1_MANUAL_EN.pdf

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/09/13/lens-review-the-olympus-12-40/