Re: [OM] Room With A View

Subject: Re: [OM] Room With A View
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 16:53:39 -0700
On 9/15/2013 2:11 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Forgot to mention for those who asked, my seat is right smack on the
> border of N. Cascades Nat'l Pk. at Sibley Creek Pass. Not a long hike
> but very steep. No trail for the last bit, just straight up to the Pass.
> Hot too! View looking into the heart of the south section of the Park.
> L-to-R Triad, Forbidden Pk, Boston/Sahale Pks.

Sure is pretty country. We flew across not far south of there on the way to
Kalispell. As it was in a turboprop, we
weren't far above the peaks. This is the only shot I've posted of those
mountains.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Montana_2011/In_the_Air&image=IMG_2162oofm.jpg>

I should do more, but, well, there are an awful lot of others waiting ...

I used to backpack in the Southern Sierras here. You have lower peaks and
ridges, 8,000, vs 14,000, but are quite a bit
further north, so I suppose the hiking season is similar? One could often not
get into the high country until mid or
even late July. Winter storms vary wildly year to year, but it usually closes
around the end of Sept.

Trav'lin' Moose