Re: [OM] Speaking of lenses [was Speaking of sharpness ... ]

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of lenses [was Speaking of sharpness ... ]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 01:42:50 -0700
On 9/15/2013 5:37 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Just Sayin' Moose says:
> Huh, it was well noted that a major cool purchase had occurred and
> necessitated use of exclamation mark.  So at least two commentors even
> if the comment was combined in another post.
>
> http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2013-09/msg00295.html

Oh dear. My only excuse is that the post made my head hurt, so I hurried on.
;-) I do agree, BTW, with you and Chuck
that amount of magnification is the only direct factor in camera motion blur,
absent IS. I simply don't know whether any
particular IS system is more effective at some focal lengths than others.

> I posted about this nice macro lens in December--here is a reference to
> it though didn't have time to find the post itself but it is quoted.
>

> http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2012-12/msg00669.html

:-)   I kinda thought someone had mentioned it, but a quick search didn't find
the post. Should have known it was you.
Still, I wanted to talk about the lens and was feeling a bit puckish, so I let
fly. Worked, too, only a couple of posts
in the thread about bicycles, or some such, most on topic.

> and the shootout:
> http://blog.mingthein.com/2012/09/22/m43-macro-shootout/

Yeah, missed that too, but I bought the right one, anyway. :-)

> Not sure I totally agree about the MF lens use requiring mag LV to
> focus.  Just  can't stop down too too much and have good light.
>
> Hand held with Big Foot with a smallish B'fly.  Focused at F8 with the
> VF and not LV.
>
> http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2013/27352162_6bnt92#!i=2577065510&k=4J7Ht5H&lb=1&s=L

Didn't I qualify that? Why yes, I did. "I suspect most folks here would have
trouble nailing focus without magnified
live view." I was keeping in mind the number of active listees who comment on
their declining eyesight. Certainly not
true for me, nor for you.

> Shoot out with the OM Z 80 at 1:1 in a couple weeks? Just sayin'

We'll be there!

OK Corral Moose

PS:  Actually, I have an 80/4 Auto, but plan no shoot out here and certainly
not before we leave.