[OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question

Subject: [OM] Way OT --subwoofer wiring question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
Mark writes:
>If you're bridging another amp and using it, you'll probably
>want to check the impedance of the coils and the specifications for the
>amp. In bridged mode, the minimum impedance that the amp is rated for
may
>be higher than in stereo mode. If the impedance of a single coil is too
>low, putting both coils in series should help get the load in the amp's
>range.

Yes it is another amp that I am bridging for mono. Splitting the sub
out from the new AVR (which I read is already preamplified) to the
power amp and then to the passive sub  as well as  to a powered sub.
The documents say the amp sees half the impedence in bridged mode so
watch for triggering the thermal protection circuits but they don't
specify what impedance is too low.

Thanks,
Mike