Re: [OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 22:56:12 -0500
On 9/19/13 22:51 : , Sandy Harris wrote:
> Does it really have to be a zoom? The Oly 75 1.8 is 150 equiv, fast,
> reasonably light, gets excellent reviews and would fit your budget.
> Pany have a 35-100 now, $1300 and rumours say Oly 40-150 next year.
> Can you stretch the budget
Not necessarily a zoom, but it would prove useful.
>> I'm not seeing much native MFT glass that's any faster than f4 or f5.
> Does it really have to be native m43 glass? An m43 Speed Booster to
> let you use Nikon glass is $439. Same vendors non-boost adapter is
> 139; others are much less.
> http://www.metabones.com/product/micro-43
I considered older MF glass, like something from the OM family or, as
you point out, one of the others.  But I'm not sure I want to deal with
the weight and focus-zoom necessity.  However, I am not ruling it out.
Right now, I often use my OM 50/1.2 in my theatre, but that's a bit
short on length.  However, I am relatively adept at punching fn2 to
bring up focus zoom....
> Checking KEH, I find Nikon 75-150 3.5 or 80-200 F4 are both
> under $150; both were reputable lumps of glass in their day.
> Put that 75-150 on a standard adapter and it acts like a
> 150-300 3.5, more-or-less what you want. Use it with the
> Speed Booster and you get in effect a 100-200 2.5. The
> 80-200 gives a 112-280 equiv 2.8. No autofocus or even
> auto aperture, though.
I will consider that as an option.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard