Re: [OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:55:41 -0500
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Walters, Martin <
Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chuck:
> Totally agree. There's nothing to focus on, when looking at the sky.  And,
> with narrow DOF, any slight deviation from a flight path and it's over.  I
> was using 250mm at the airshow most of the time, which was quite OK for
> reach.  As 150mm would not have been sufficient, the only m4/3 lenses that
> might work are the xx-300 zooms. In Paul's case, the new 75-300 (don't know
> about the Panny) falls within his budget  If I remember, Moose uses and  is
> satisfied with the 75-300.

Hmmmm.... I'd really like to know how it performs in low light.  Although,
most of the time I'd be shooting someone who has a spotlight on them, so
that would help.  And, at $500, that would get me through until later next
year when that spiffy new Oly pro lens comes out.  If it's around $1200, I
could probably figure out a way (provided the wife has found employment) to
tuck that money away.  Maybe it's time to start selling off the contents of
the basement...

I could rent one from lensrentals.com for the show I have coming up in
November, and see how it works (it's only $40 for 6 days...)  Or, I could
just realize I could use it for a bunch of things and just get it.
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard