Re: [OM] RANT: Shipping Rates

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Shipping Rates
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 22:35:41 -0500
On 9/20/13 21:22 : , Johnie Stafford wrote:
> I was going to bring up Customs as well. When I shipped that camera to Vick
> it spent something like 10 days in customs.
>
> BTW, a tip for anybody that doesn't know... If you go to the USPS site and
> enter the Customs receipt ticket number into their tracking thing it will
> show you just how much time it spent in Customs.

My experience shipping to Canada is to avoid UPS at all costs.  The
Postal service may be slow, but they will eventually deliver it. UPS
will hold it at whatever distribution center they drop it at, and will
not deliver until you drive there and pay whatever duty or taxes they
think you owe.  Doesn't matter if the distro center is 100 miles from
your house.  That happened twice to me on something I sold and shipped
to Canada - last three times I used USPS and all went well.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard