Re: [OM] RANT: Shipping Rates

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Shipping Rates
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 13:06:42 -0700
On 9/21/2013 11:35 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> We seem to getting into a 'our postal service is better than yours' pissing
> contest here.
> If so, I'll point out that yours seems to be more expensive than ours, less
> reliable (in my personal experience) and I'm always surprised by how far you
> guys have to travel to post something. We have agencies everywhere, every
> suburb, every town; yours seem rather rare.
> So there.

Don't want to get into a contest. Still ...

Even tiny towns have post offices. We've just been by several of those POs in
rural Maine in the last few days.

My post office is quite close. But that doesn't much matter.

We just put outgoing mail in the flap of the mail box on our garage. Priority
and Express Mail postage may be purchased
on-line, printed out at home, and the outgoing package either left by the mail
box, or in a location one specifies
on-line. If it's rainy, they will pick it up on the porch.

I don't think they will pick up parcel post at home yet, although I've not
checked for some time. I seem to recall they
added Priority=>small package express international shipping to the at home
service?

> - loud farty noise -   :-)

I really don't care whose is best, but do think accuracy has a useful place. I
hope everyone's mail service is great.

Mail A. Moose