[OM] On the plus side....

Subject: [OM] On the plus side....
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 19:49:29 -0500
I didn't realize that there was anyone still living anywhere on the
track grounds.... until the big honkin' white pickup truck came up
behind me as I was leaving.  Sorta freaked me out, so I just pulled out
onto the road and left.

I got partway back down US30, then thought, "Maybe they're friendly, and
if I plan on coming back the next several nights, maybe I should
introduce myself and get permission."

So, I turned around and pulled into the driveway where the truck was
parked.  Got out, met two guys who seemed friendly enough, and
introduced myself.  One of them is George, who lives in the mobile home
in the old paddock area, who's kind of the caretaker of the property.

Nice enough guy.  I whipped out the iPhone and showed them the shot I
got in July, explained about the sun lining up...  he's totally cool
with me coming back out to try again.  He said all he wants is a copy of
the photo.  Not a problem.  With any luck, if I ask nice, he'll let me
take the little Honda on a run down to the end.

Either way, next time I'm there, I'm going to ask George to walk over so
I can get a portrait of him with the track in the background.

So, today wasn't a 100% washout... just 90%.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard