Re: [OM] OM 100/2.8 question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 100/2.8 question
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:41:46 -0500
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One other thought on the 100/2.8 series...
>
> The earlier ones are a little warmer. This may be due to the gradual
> aging of the glass, but I find most of the earlier OM Zuikos to be
> this way. The later version seems to be not necessarily "cool" in
> colorcast, but more Nikon-like in neutrality. I prefer the earlier
> ones for B&W photography.

This site lists approximate SN ranges:

http://omexperience.wordpress.com/lenses/zuiko-100mm-f2-8/

There are a couple on the 'bay right now with last-version numbers - a
couple bucks more, but maybe worth it for the better coating and flatter
sharpness. (Wow.  Is that a term?)

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard