Re: [OM] Eilean Donan Castle

Subject: Re: [OM] Eilean Donan Castle
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:50:33 +0100
The monochrome view is nicely different, Bob, as well as containing a pretty
attractive range of tones with sharp edges.  I have lifted the mono view to go
in my Desktop pictures folder.  It joins a couple others of yours, one of
Moose's and a Gary Edwards, I think.

In that weather, I might agree about the "fun", but not with most of the
weather that we encountered that week :-)

[Stop me if I have recounted this story before]

I used to have a machine like that when I lived in Calcutta.  I rode around the
whole city like a hippy, helmetless, with flapping shirt, shorts and
flip-flops.  It was a Honda 65, with 3 speed clutchless gearbox.  On that bike
I was the Lad!

I once gave 2 girls in saris a lift home from a party; I can't think how they
avoided being snagged in the chain or wheel.

I nearly died with another girl on the pillion when night bus turned up at a
junction contemporaneously with my arrival.  Since lorries and buses left their
lights off to save their batteries, it was often very difficult to see them
coming.

[It's too late now, I've told the story anyway :-)]

Chris