Re: [OM] Dog Lovers Beware

Subject: Re: [OM] Dog Lovers Beware
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 00:30:14 +1300
Bob W wrote>
> Sign seen frequently in the Highlands. As the caption says, one local
> fellow told us it's not necessary for dogs to actually be harassing sheep,
> only to be present. As those who know sheep know, they worry easily.

This rule applies where I live too. The farming of sheep and other domestic
animals is a
significant part of the rural economy.

Dogs running loose can really spook some animals so that they do themselves
damage as
they flee from the canine. Especially in the lambing season. The lambs are
intended to be
major income.

Many / most urban dogs have no farm animal sense, and some run loose especially
at
night and form packs; then they hunt as their instincts provide.

Trespassing dogs will then be shot - no questions answered - no answer required.

Brian Swale