Re: [OM] Turntable Ferry

Subject: Re: [OM] Turntable Ferry
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:20:50 +0100
Although the turntable is not as prominent as on  the Kylerhea vessel, Bob,
our local ferry has one - and it was a new build in 2010!
The ferry's website has a gallery of images, which are not of the ferry
itself, but its predecessor, capacity 2 cars, but also a turntable ferry.
www.cromarty-ferry.co.uk (but the website will clarify that it is not a
year-round service, so maybe it doesn't qualify as 'continuous use').

As to the pronunciation, my lips are sealed, but you shouldn't make it
unduly hard, as Kylerhea is just the anglicisation of the Gaelic name Caol
Reatha. There, that makes it much simpler, no?

Piers