Re: [OM] Keeping Your Laptop Plugged in All the Time Will Kill Its Batte

Subject: Re: [OM] Keeping Your Laptop Plugged in All the Time Will Kill Its Battery Faster
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:17:33 -0600
> I'm not Dr Battery, but I've been told this repeatedly by Apple staff.
> Leaving a laptop plugged in is also a gross waste of energy.

This really grates me. It's reminds me of the fact that 99.999% of all
VCRs would lose their memory and time if unplugged for the power
failed. Instead of spending FIFTY CENTS to make it non-volitile, the
manufacturers REFUSED to do it because we IDIOT consumers would buy
them with or without that feature.

So, we now have a situation where the computer is unable to adequately
manage the battery and instead cooks it from overcharging and from
heat from the rest of the computer! We IDIOT consumers don't hold the
companies accountable and demand better battery management.

That said, my wife's Lenovo laptop is very good at temperature
management and seems better behaved in battery management. The battery
is still hanging in there where all her previous laptop computers have
gone toes up.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx