Re: [OM] IMG Optical distortion in M43 drives me mad

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG Optical distortion in M43 drives me mad
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 00:41:22 +1300
Chuck wrote:
> That's a lot of distortion.  Would that have been corrected as a JPEG on
> a Panasonic body?  I just tried correcting 8959 using PTLens Lumix G
> 14/2.5 raw and JPEG profiles.  Must not be the right lens as the raw
> profile seems to make a mash of it and the JPEG profile alters it but  not
> significantly.

Not that simple, Chuck. PT lens doesn't work at all well at fixing non-vertical
uprights,
non-level floors, diamonded doorways and windows where the basic problem is
with the
houses being built on a swamp for many centuries ...  Worse than the biblical
houses built on
sand ..

I suspect they did better in Venice where thousands of tree-trunks were used as
piles. But
they didn't have even swamp to start with, I suspect. Just shallow water. And
mosquitoes.

Very nice photos, by the way, Frank.

Brian Swale