Re: [OM] IMG Optical distortion in M43 drives me mad

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG Optical distortion in M43 drives me mad
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 22:07:57 +0200
Venice started on a bunch of small islands.
Amsterdam started on a turf swamp.
Both used wooden pilings, both of considerable length.

Actually, the old townhall, opened in 1655, now a palace, was build on
13659 wooden pilings. At its time it was the biggest non-religious building
in the world. Not bad in a formerly swamp ;-)

Wouldn't buildings in Venice rely on the neighbours as well? I can't
imagine otherwise, after visiting this beautiful city last year.

Best, Frank

2013/10/8 Ken Norton