[OM] (OM) (At least some OM stuff at last)

Subject: [OM] (OM) (At least some OM stuff at last)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 03:23:54 +1300
Hi all.

Please go to

and then to the right until the end.

In far from ideal conditions I took a series of shots of a bed of small
emerging iris flowers in
our garden. The depth of the required field was a challenge for all lenses, so
I used them at
minimum aperture  (as indicated) in all cases except for the DZ 14-54 which was
I think at
f/16.

The manual lenses used were Zuiko 135, 35-70/3.6 (the sharp one), 85/2, and
100/2.

I went through the range of these stellar lenses partly to get some
appreciation of how
reducing the focal length of a lens affected attainable DOF for such a testing
subject.

E-3 on a Gitzo Studex 320 tripod in all cases.

I came to have the suspicion that the E-3 does not apply IS (Image
stabilisation) for manual
lenses, but I might be wrong there.

In all cases I used FastStone to reduce highlight to some degree. All images
were shot in jpg
(tut tut). And all were sharpened to the same degree (USM30) in faststone. This
might be a
trifle too much - don't know.

C and C welcome.

Brian Swale