Re: [OM] IMG: Lunch is Ready!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Lunch is Ready!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:54:18 -0600
> The wild salmon came from the Atlantic but it was smoked in Sturgeon Bay,
> Wisconsin.  We also bought smoked whitefish from Lake Michigan there.  It
> is delicious!

Yes, smoked whitefish is something very much a treat. My preference,
though, is still smoked salmon, but smoked whitefish comes very close,
as long as you aren't eating both at the same time and then it doesn't
compare well at all. Two totally different flavors, with smoked salmon
being the extra dark chocolate of the fish world.

Without a doubt, the VERY BEST smoked fish comes from Bell's Fishery
in Mackinaw City. Their recipe is off the chart good. Whenever we go
through that way, we stuff the cooler full of it to keep me stocked
for a while. You haven't had smoked fish until you've had it from
Bell's. There really is nothing else quite like it. I've never had
better.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx