[OM] (OM) OT message formatting in the Digest

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT message formatting in the Digest
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 01:46:52 +1300
Has anybody else noticed this, and can one of us offer an explanation?

Until about a week ago, when quoting the words of somebody else in a message,
and to
ensure that those words are recognisable AS quotes ("text only, formatted as a
quote from a
mail message" as my mail program does it.), each line would have at its
commencement a >
quote arrow.

Thus it was easy to differentiate between quoted text and non-quoted text.

Since about a week ago these > arrows no longer show and all text looks the
same, quoted
or not quoted.

I find this annoying.

It could be merely an artifact of my machine, since I have elected to get my
e-mails as text
only and not html text, and maybe some systems engineer has decided that such a
preference is obsolete, and done away with honouring the practice..

I have taken to inserting a dash beside the >, thus ->, which seems to have
fooled the system
into not tampering with the intent, and makes it clear in my messages which
parts are quotes
and which are not..

In my mail I do not see the coloured bars at the margin that some systems have
to show
which are quotes and which generation of quote each one is.

Comment?

Brian Swale