Re: [OM] (OM) OT message formatting in the Digest

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT message formatting in the Digest
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:46:16 -0400
I hadn't noticed until you asked (and I'm not using the digest) but
Thunderbird places the quote arrows at the left when I make this reply.
  But, when messages with quote arrows arrive in my inbox, (and I've
verified that the quote arrows are in the source text as received) when
Thunderbird displays them the quote arrows are replaced on the left with
vertical bars and vertical bars are also added on the far right of the
page (well beyond the end of the text).  So it's clear that the mail
program and version you use may be diddling with the display.  Perhaps
there's a customization setting to control it but I haven't looked very
hard to find it if there is one.

Chuck Norcutt