[OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:35:22 -0400 (EDT)
More info emerging:
On the shutter - considered 'loud' by the vid dude at SAR, here is
David Kipatrick:

"Shutter sound is very solid, mechanical. A really nice sound. There is
not a fully electronic shutter mode available, so no silent shooting,
but it’s discrete enough.' good, the people who think it's loud have
been using an RX1 and expected the same Db.

and

"'The OLED screen itself has also been enhanced a good bit, with three
times the contrast of the one used in the A99. it has arguably the best
EVF we've ever seen on a camera."

>>>I wouldn't hold my breath on wide, non-retrofocus rangefinder lenses
>>>looking good on this camera.

No formal testing but  so far in wide angles tried by some ---no color
shift nasties iike on some high res NEX in corners and good resolution.
Some vignetting on a few though but suspect an automated software fix
will emerge like for NEX. It is still early but perhaps I hear the
sound of Champagne corks popping in Leica Land and soon in Zuiko Land.
Too bad about no electronic first curtain option.    Sony JPEG engine
doesn't look so hot though
and no RAW files to evaluate, AFAIK.
Does AG have one on preorder?

Mike