Re: [OM] IMG: Family Reunion

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Family Reunion
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 07:24:05 -0600
> Like Chris, I really don't know how to interpret what was going on.

Pretend that it's new camera being handed over. Same dif.

> But as I write this, I note that such handguns are strictly outlawed in my
> country, as in Chris'
> country, so the idea of pistols/revolvers being handed around over coffee
> seems utterly
> bizarre / weird.

I won't dive into the politics of this (and I sincerely hope others
don't either), because I think there is a greater social aspect to
this photograph than the specific item in the photograph. This is a
picture, not of a gun, but of a culture. A culture, not of a nation,
but of a gathering or group of people. Every group has its own
dynamic. This list is an example of it--we're unique and unlike any
other photo forum.

What does this photograph say about the culture of this specific group
of people? Again, remove the politics from it. One thing that stands
out to be is the trust among the individuals. What else? I can
identify several other things that jump right out at me, but I'll
leave those for you to mull over.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx