Re: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:25:15 -0400
Thanks, CH.  That's really interesting.  This is a single Leica lens, no
adapter involved, and the field curvature alone at 10% of the distance
from the center is already 25 microns... or 2-1/2 times the 10 microns
that Roger at LensRentals was worried about (I think at the edge of the
field).  I'm not sure what he's measuring but I suspect it doesn't have
anything to do with real photography.  As I said at first I think these
sorts of tolerances are easily smoothed over by the depth of focus...
even at large apertures.

Chuck Norcutt