Re: [OM] IMG: Family Reunion

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Family Reunion
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:37:14 +0100
I'm not sure that "terrifying" has come into this thread, Paul.

I've been around pistols, rifles, shotguns for most of my life.  I used to get
Guns and Ammo, while in my teens.  My father owned a Beretta .765 and a couple
of .22 (Long) rifles; I've used a 410 and a 12bore in the past.  Latterly, of
course I've used airborne cannon, in 3 calibres; and I have to take an annual
test on the Browning 9mm, including stripping it and cleaning it (luckily quite
simple, although it can catch your fingers occasionally).

But, as I said, Tina's photo has a darkness to it: the juxtaposition of Family
Reunion with a personal weapon as well as the way she has used the light.
Finally, the camera's viewpoint is almost surreptitious, which suits the
subject matter from the point of view of this member of a (nearly) gun-free
culture.

Chris