Re: [OM] Hunter's moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Hunter's moon
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:04:03 -0700
That is at max zoom.  215mm focal length is supposed to be the
equivalent of 1200mm on a 35mm film camera.  I never use the digital
zoom.  And I shoot most of the small birds at near max zoom with it.  I
really like the camera, just a couple of little niggling things like,
can't stop the lcd display from turning off to save power.  I am on an
AC adapter so power is not an issue, darn it.  And I would like faster
frame rate when shooting continuous.  I am having an issue with the
camera dropping auto focus when shooting small birds on a narrow perch
with a busy background behind them.  Wants to focus on the background,
which is around 60 feet behind.  Don't know if it is an inherent problem
with the camera, or if something is wrong with the camera.  It is an
intermittent thing.  Just always seems to hapoen at the most critical
times.  But, it seems, that is kind of the story of my life. LOL  Always
a day late and a dollar short.
Paul in Portland OR