[OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 22:20:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hmmm,  the optical engineering/tester types consistently report that
the short registration distance cams
are much more subject to errors in the adapters.  I think losing some
edge/corner performance may indeed matter
for those paying several K per lens and 2K for the A7r  when making
large prints. The last few percent performance always seems to have the
dearest
cost.  The angular displacement will result in lens elements being more
displaced off axis in a longer adapter but that was my conjecture for
the reason the
short registrations cams being more sensitive to adapter perturbations.
 I may just ask directly as i do see your point.

On another note, not sure you saw  the video of the Sony rep---they are
  firmly embracing the idea of the cams as being used for alt glass of
all sorts
and have an open API with developers free to write add on apps.  Panny
was downright hostile to any hacks and Canyon seems neutral--at least
never  directly sabotaged
CHDK or Magic Lantern.  It would be amusing if Sony actually made the
adapters.
Mike