[OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:26:33 -0400 (EDT)
>>Depending on the focal length of the lens, aperture and amount of
>>shift, it does actually show up.

Yes, with any movements including tilt, more extreme aspects of the
image circle are used that have usually more aberrations. It clearly
does show up.
It can be worth it however to tilt the plane of focus, almost analogous
to stopping down for dof but offending Dr. Diffraction.
The Mirex Tilt-shift adapter for OM is fussy to use however. There may
be something else about the short flange distance cam
making it fussier about the planarity of the adapter or not. I am
disliking my original hypothesis more and more however.

Quote from Ming Thein:

"■Don’t think you can get away with adaptors: the planarity of such
adaptors is going to be absolutely critical, especially with such SHORT
FLANGE distances and resolution numbers. You’ll actually be able to see
the effects of a cheap, out-of-plane adaptor – it looks a little like a
tilt. (I know this because I tried Hasselblad lenses on my D800E; none
of the three adaptors I obtained had sufficiently tight tolerances to
avoid this problem.)"

I am still sticking to my guns on FL affecting  hand hold shutter speed
for macro, however .  Macro forum on FM essentially agreed.

Tilted Mike