[OM] Paul's PAW - two more shots

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - two more shots
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:20:11 -0500
Held the final concert of the year at the theatre last night.  One of
the Daves, Glaser, is an old friend, the other one, Stoddard, is an old
friend of Dave #1, and is now a new friend of mine.  They were billing
the tour as "The Daves Of Our Lives".

David Glaser hails from Maryland and is an accomplished sideman/session
player as well as singer/songwriter.  David Stoddard hails from
Minnesota and is a sideman as well, and is a folksinger in the finest
old-school, Steve Goodman fashion.

We had an extremely small audience, and, with the exception of the guy
who lives across the driveway from the theatre and his girlfriend, we
were all old friends.  So, before we set up for soundcheck, Dave Glaser
and I decided to leave the PA system turned off, move out into the
middle of the room, and arrange the chairs in a semi-circle to make it
even more of a living-room feel.  I left the color battens on in the
background for some ambiance, and grabbed a floor lamp from the prop
room to put in between so I'd at least have some light to shoot by.

The evening turned out better than any of us had hoped for.

C&C encouraged.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard