Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: my sister's birthday and a bit of Malta

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 42: my sister's birthday and a bit of Malta
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 08:06:58 +0100
For me, the best is the one from the hotel room, of all the lights which have
come out so well.  However, I recognise the quality in the one in the square.

The photo of your sister and her husband is lovely.  I'm nowhere near that age
(OK, 7 years to go :-)) but I feel it important that our youngsters see and
emulate "oldies" who have made a lifetime together.  I've known my wife since
1978, married since 1980, and I often wonder at her willingness to stick with
me :-)

On a point of English, Nathan, it should be, "either of them looks their age .
. ."  It implies "either one", which is singular.  It's OK, of course, to use
"their" to cover both sexes.  I mention this in public as it is a common fault,
and so I hope that you don't mind my pointing it out.

Chris