Re: [OM] IMG: Redwood Forest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Redwood Forest
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 03:41:42 +1300
Tina wrote;
>&> PESO:
>&>
>&> Revisiting some older files:
>&>
>&> http://www.pbase.com/image/153063614
>&>
>&> 2010, Leica M9, 24/2.8, five exposures
>&>
>&> C&C greatly appreciated.

This is an editing of Tina's Redwoods in California-5 images. I haven't been to
a stand of
redwoods in California, but I have been many times to a notable one in New
Zealand. It was
always much much darker in there than Tina portrayed.

This is more like how I suspect it actually was. In particular, the green of
the forest floor
plants in Tina's image seems too light and green than might have been the case.

And I suspect that the darkness of he shaded side of the tree trunks would have
been greater
than Tina's portrayal using 5 images combined.

I will remove this image after a couple of days.

If I've got it totally wrong, I apologise, but that's how it seems to me,
assuming that realistic
portrayal was Tina's objective.

Brian Swale