Re: [OM] Of Rainbows and Glaciers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of Rainbows and Glaciers
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 03:14:32 +1300
Bob wrote:
>&>
>&> Okay, so here's an interesting phenomenon, one which I did not foresee as
>&> I looked through the viewfinder. The image is from Scotland's Isle of
>&> Mull, and comprises a field in the foreground, a loch and rainbow in the
>&> middle ground, and a headland in the background. (Well, the headland is
>&> part of the middle ground, too.)
>&>
>&> The problem, or phenomenon, is this: The headland was shaped by extreme
>&> glaciation, to the degree that it appears to have parallel lines drawn
>&> upon it. Without the rainbow, these would be interesting. Indeed, there is
>&> a glen in Scotland that is advertised as Parallel Roads, or some such,
>&> because of distinct parallel lines "drawn" by ancient glaciers.
>&>
>&> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9158
>&>
>&> Don't know what I could do to make the image more useful, or perhaps it's
>&> useful enough as an example in photographic frustration. <g>&>

It's a very interesting shot, Bob, and ( I'm hopeless at business) I'd be
tempted to market it as
is, with an adequate explanation, and see what transpires with sales.

The only other area from which I have seen waterfalls blown back on themselves
is
Fiordland, in NZ, where winds can also be extreme.

Brian Swale.