Re: [OM] (OM) Well sort of OM. Digital.

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Well sort of OM. Digital.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:09:22 -0700
On 10/29/2013 8:48 AM, Frank Wijsmuller wrote:
> The price is excessive, even if the 40-150mm would be included. Since the
> seller is not very explicit about it (a picture but no text reference), I
> wouldn't do business at all with this seller.

Just what I was about to say.

> An e-pl3 has not the om-d sensor, which is totally worth the additional
> money (go for the e-pl5 or e-pm2 instead).

It's a good sensor from about ISO 800 down, but starts to get too noisy for me
above that. I have many excellent images
from that sensor.

A good, small camera for less serious use than the E-M5. I used mine to
excellent effect for shots from the 'plane when
we flew East. The tilt screen is great for that sort of thing. I just grabbed
mine out of my casual bag to look at while
writing about it.

> Oh and an e-pl3 with 14-42mm goes for less then €200 on the German eBay,
> and I think you spend $s like we spend €s here...

Yup, overpriced. Running that or less here.

E. Pen Moose