Re: [OM] Olympus shows the new Stylus

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus shows the new Stylus
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:42:27 -0700
On 10/30/2013 3:25 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Ken is a traditional, US style Christian, born and raised in the US Midwest
>> and still living there. To assume that he meant something other than
>> engagement, as practiced here, would seem foolish to me. :-)
> I highly doubt that I could be totally considered "traditional". In
> fact, quite far from it.

 From this perspective, I think you are. :-)

> As to still living in the Midwest, that's
> somewhat true. I split my time between the "purple mountains majesty"
> and the "fruited plains".

Denver may think they are in the West; ain't true. It's only about 2/3 of the
way from East to West coasts, and east of
the Rockies.

> As compared to Moose which just lives among the fruits.

Ah. would that it were as true as you think. A great many of the folks growing
fruits and nuts (and rice and cotton, and
...) in our Central Valley are staunchly conservative, both politically and
religiously. "Impeach Obama" signs aren't
uncommon, although an understanding of what the term actually means may be.

> Trust me, I'm a MUCH better fit further west and the Front
> Range is quite satisfying to my non/traditional bones.

That's great. Our friend who married us has a new gig as UU minister in
Colorado Springs. Not that we are
traditional/straight enough for most UU congregations. ;-) She's a terrific
musician, BTW.

>> He says he meant a different, archaic, Old World usage - OK.
> Absolutely! It's not the first time you've seen me use archiac, old
> world definitions. I knew exactly what I was writing and the word
> usage was deliberate. I'll screw up spellings and commit other acts of
> grammer fraud worthy of the gallis pole, but choice of unusual words
> is intentional.

But oh so hard to discern in an apparently straightforward e-mail.

Left Coast Moose