Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new Pic up

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new Pic up
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 09:52:28 -0600
> It's a challenge to do the zoomed-in MF, but I'm starting to get the hang
> of it.  I'll focus on the mesh windscreen of the microphone first to get in
> the neighborhood, and then try to get the performer's hair.  Fortunately,
> Wilson doesn't move around much.

I like the signature of that lens. Sharp where it needs to be sharp,
with a smooth bokeh fall off. Looks good to me. By F2.8 to F5.6 is the
usable range of the lens, when it comes to this type of application.
With the working distance you had, F2.8 and F4, (I park it at F4 to
give me enough DoF to cover focusing slop) is great. F5.6 causes the
backgrounds to gum up a bit and Mooses to bark.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx