Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 10:56:45 -0500
On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> >Lovely!
> >
> >Good job.
> >

>      Thank you.  I really took my time with this one, and was extremely
> fortunate in finding a set of the original reflector brackets, which were
> unique to Peugeot in the 70's.

It's wonderful, Chris.  I think it is interesting that you converted to
stem shifters.  I have modified every bicycle I've restored to downtube
shifters, sometimes with considerable difficulty (as on a Schwinn
Continental).  I also remove the suicide brake levers because I never ride
with my hands on the top of the bars, so the downtube shifters are more
natural to me.

My bikes, aside from that Schwinn) are all post-European Japanese frames
(couple Fujis and my fast bike is a Taiwanese Schwinn chromoly frame with
Campy wheels and a Japan crankset.  There is a Viscount that I restored for
my son which is quite interesting.  I'd like to find one of those with
about a 60 cm frame to restore for myself.

Bicycles and cameras...

Joel (and audio) W.