Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike - Gitane?

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Restored 1974 Peugeot AO8 Road Bike - Gitane?
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:10:24 +0100
I still have one such bike at the far end of my cellar at Metz

Here it is, unused for so many years ...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/Cycles+Gitanes-4168.jpg.html

Was that one considered any good back then over there?

Amities
Philippe

Le 2 nov. 13 à 16:56, DZDub a écrit :

> On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Chris Trask
> <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>>> Lovely!
>>>
>>> Good job.
>>>

>>     Thank you.  I really took my time with this one, and was
>> extremely
>> fortunate in finding a set of the original reflector brackets,
>> which were
>> unique to Peugeot in the 70's.
>

> It's wonderful, Chris.  I think it is interesting that you converted
> stem shifters.  I have modified every bicycle I've restored to
> downtube
> shifters, sometimes with considerable difficulty (as on a Schwinn
> Continental).  I also remove the suicide brake levers because I
> never ride
> with my hands on the top of the bars, so the downtube shifters are
> more
> natural to me.
>
> My bikes, aside from that Schwinn) are all post-European Japanese
> frames
> (couple Fujis and my fast bike is a Taiwanese Schwinn chromoly frame
> with
> Campy wheels and a Japan crankset.  There is a Viscount that I
> restored for
> my son which is quite interesting.  I'd like to find one of those with
> about a 60 cm frame to restore for myself.
>
> Bicycles and cameras...
>
> Joel (and audio) W.
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE