[OM] Pervasive Windows file system bug and E-M5 date/time failure

Subject: [OM] Pervasive Windows file system bug and E-M5 date/time failure
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:02:16 -0500 (EST)
What's Not to Like Moose writes:

>>It keeps profiles for my different cameras, complete with highly
flexible
>>naming options, including sub directories for
>>Raw files and video. If the last one I used isn't what I need, I
select the
>>correct profile. It puts the files in a
>>directory named by date in the proper place, JPEGs in the directory,
Raw files
>.for Oly in an ORF subdirectory, for Canon
>>in a CR2 subdirectory and videos in a Video subdirectory.

>>It flips the archive bit off on the card as it downloads each file,
so when I
>>plug in a card, it only downloads new
>>files. Slick, quick, simple.

Still using the ye olde  Canyon utility to download--it does flip the
archive bit nicely but less flexibility in naming etc..  I am not sure
I wish to separate the CR2 from Jpeg  quite yet.   No looking for a sub
dir with geosetter to geotag.  What do you do witht he processed raw
files saved as JPEG?  I usually compare them to a least a moderate
sized in cam jpeg to be sure I haven't gone astray.  Perhaps with yet
another cam and different raw files, it may require a serious re-think.
  Then there are the scanned film files sorted by trip but right now in
same  directory as smaller Canyon cam.  That may not work well soon
either.

PIE in the sky for now, Mike