Re: [OM] Redneck

Subject: Re: [OM] Redneck
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 23:53:18 -0700
Also, it is interesting to study how certain funds are accounted. Let's
take agriculture as an example. Few people realize that the "food stamp"
program (SNAP) is part of the Farm Bill. What happens is essentially the
government buys the food from the farmers and gives it to the needy.
Although the recipient of the food is in, say, New York, it appears as
though Iowa is getting the money on this distribution map. Granted, there
are a lot of other dollars flowing to farmers, but I really doubt that you
would want to see what would happen to our national security if our food
source wasn't regulated and managed. There are many examples like this
where the recipient states appear to be heavy drains, but those numbers may
also include medicaid, social security, military, VA and other significant
budget items.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx