Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - apparently, bad at math

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - apparently, bad at math
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 08:22:33 -0600
On 11/6/13 08:18 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> You're doomed to failure if you want your week numbers to always end up
> at 52.  The year consists of either 365 or 366 days (for leap year)
> neither of which is evenly divisible by 7 and 7 x 52 only gets to 364.
> That gives you and extra day or two which will usually roll you over to
> week one of the following year but eventually you accumulate enough days
> to have a 53rd week.  You have to follow some standard (such as given by
> Jez's ISO standard link where weeks start on Monday)
> <http://www.epochconverter.com/epoch/weeknumbers.php>
> If you follow the ISO standard you'll see that 2015 has 53 weeks.
> <http://www.epochconverter.com/date-and-time/weeknumbers-by-year.php?year=2015>
>
> Long term, the rotation of the earth is slowing, days are getting longer
> and the number of days in a year will eventually be less.  Fortunately,
> we don't have to plan for that.

And this is why I went through last night and removed the week numbers
from all of the images.  As long as I know I'm putting up at least one a
week, I'm good with that.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard