Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:03:46 -0600
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> I'll stick with one spare wheel.  I've never owned a car that didn't
> have one as standard equipment which includes the new car I just bought
> in January.  I always carry a small pump but have no experience with
> "repair goo".  My spare and AAA road service have been doing just fine
> for well more than 20 years.

Yeah, but that's going away.  We just bought a Honda CR-Z.  At the
dealership, I was going through the features, opening things up so I knew
where everything was before I drove off the lot.  I tried to lift the rear
deck to find the spare (where it lives in our Insight) and couldn't find
any.  The salesman asked what I was looking for, I said the spare, and he
said there isn't one.  I said, "Huh?" He explained that the manufacturers
are moving away from a physical spare and replacing it with the "pump and
goo" solution.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard