Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:51:30 -0800

On 11/6/2013 8:07 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> First of all, NEVER veer for deer. Rollovers kill people, bent hoods don't.
>
> What is so common, is that the animal will dart across the road, and
> then decide at the last moment to turn back. I've seen this many times
> where the deer is able to get all the way over to the side of the road
> and then decide that it's better back on the other side and is instant
> venison steak. Raccoons and possoms are notorious for this.

Coons here don't seem to do that. They generally behave just like cats, moving
briskly across. Possums have become rare
enough that I'm not sure.

But squirrels!! The large red ones here never seem to simply go across a
street; they dither back and forth like crazy,
and will run back under a car almost past them. The similar size gray ones back
east are much smarter that way.
Chipmunks too seem to have it straight, going all out straight across.

Wild Life Moose