Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:32:38 -0700
> ¡ <<Expletive deleted>>!
> Ah but it was a xenon discharge light . . .

Yup. That it was. Actually, the bulb, balancing mechanism and shutter
still work fine. The rest of the housing is trashed. I've got the
projecter lens held in place with gaffers tape.

Interesting comment from the adjuster. He said that the build quality
of the X5 prevented the damage from being much worse. He pointed out
things like the guage of the sheet metal, etc. The X5 is a thousand
pounds heavier than my JGC and it shows. The headlight was actually
the single most expensive part of the repair estimate. But they also
spec'd refurb parts whenever possible considering the age and mileage
of the vehicle. I'm OK with that.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx