Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW

Subject: Re: [OM] Spare wheels, was Scratch one BMW
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:45:51 +1100
I have a 2000 Honda CR-V. The spare is bolted to the tailgate, with a
decorative cover. However, inside and under the carpet, there is a wheel well
with a nice cover over it - it's a picnic table. The well is empty and make s a
nice hide-hole for valuables. Always a bit puzzled by that.
I worked for a garage supplies wholesaler in the 1970's. We used to sell
aerosol tyre filling goo then. It was only rated as useful for a a few miles,
to get you out of trouble. It was useless and we discontinued it. Too many
complaints. It only worked for minor punctures, if you found and extracted the
nail, whatever, or the offending item would keep breaking the seal. Often
impossible to comply.  I doubt that it's improved much.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher: