Re: [OM] Backup - a cautionary tale

Subject: Re: [OM] Backup - a cautionary tale
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:24:06 -0500
Time Machine backs up what you set it to back up. If you didn't ask it to back
up your external drives, it didn't. That said, Time Machine is not a good
choice for restoring an entire hard drive. In fact, I believe it's difficult if
not impossible to use Time Machine to load up a replacement drive. But then I
have't checked that stuff in a while so I'm not sure.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal